Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day One.

Morning Everyone! (or no one, lol). Today I'm starting a new diet called Game On! Twas created by Krista _______ who's the head writer for Grey's Anatomy...season finale on Thursday :'(  Anywho, it's designed so that you form teams and play each other for a prize...ideally. I, unfortunately (or not, that remains to be seen), am playing by myself. The goal is to accumulate points by drinking 3 liters of water daily, eating 5 small meals a day, exercising at least 20 min per day, and working on a new healthy habit and working to get rid of an old one, and getting at least 7 hours of "sleep" per night. All of these things are worth points, as well as making your weight loss goal each week. That earns you bonus points. The team with the most points, obviously, wins the prize. As I am playing myself, you would think I automatically get the prize right... (good plan!) But alas, this is not to be so. If I don't make my weight targets I win nothing! I haven't decided what to get myself if I do make my weight targets each week BUT I am going to buy myself a fantastic Marc Jacobs bag if I make my overall weight goal at the end of the summer. Is it expensive? Of course! Do I need it? Absolutely not! BUT do I deserve it (or will I deserve it)? Darn skipsy! So buy it I shall :-D 


In addition to playing the game, I've decided to take the "Game On" approach to other aspects of life. I spend a lot of time making sure other people are doing OK....which can end up upsetting me. I watched "Red Table Talk" with Jada Pinkett Smith, her daughter Willow, and her mother. In the conversation Jada discusses the way women are programmed in America, to believe that in order to be good girlfriends, and wives, and partners, and mothers, you have to put everyone and everything before you and yourself. The problem becomes, when you do that, you begin looking to other people to find your own happiness. That said, women (and men alike, but mostly women) have to realize that you can't possibly worry about other people and their happiness without first worrying about you and your own. 


All of that was to say I am going to spend more time focusing on me first. If I'm being honest I have no idea how this will work out at all as I am a "fixer" by nature and want things just so. But, in an attempt to start, here are a few things I have planned.


1. Go to San Francisco this summer.
2. Buy my bag at the end of the summer!!!! (assuming of course, I make my goal).
3. Spend Christmas/Holiday Season in Europe as a lovely graduation present to me!


That's all I have for now, but I'll update the list as I think of things. If you haven't already figured it out by now, the healthy habit I adopted for this round of the game is journaling (or blogging since I'm too lazy to sit and write for 15-20 minutes per day) so I shall type. If I don't post everyday, I don't get my points. So, if you see me post about a perfect week....and I didn't post that week...I am a cheater, and you should definitely tell me so. Accountability is very important. In the game. And in life, so start holding yourself accountable to yourself first, then others. Game On People!



*PS: I am way better at grammar and punctuation than this blog would suggest. I am English Teacher for pete's sake but that's the beauty in the Internet. There's really no need...no one really cares!

No comments:

Post a Comment